"Your faithfulness continues through all generations." Ps. 119:90

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Claire's Thoughts

I have handbell practice Wed pm at 5:30. This is an interesting time for our family. I have Devon's lesson at 3:45, and Tangene usually brings the girls home from school then also. At 4:30 we eat a quick supper-- sometimes Chad's home to eat then, too, but not always. I leave a little after 5pm and I usually take just Claire with me. Katie can babysit for a short time til Chad gets home, but definitely not all 3 kids. Taking Claire out of the mix just reduces potential problems exponentially. :) Plus, she likes to go with just me, and she's happy to sit thru our bells practices. She likes the music and she likes to just sit and do something fun by herself. Usually, she colors or draws. Sometimes she reads or plays with Pollys.

Last night, as she and I raced out the door (essential to not be late since we're playing at the mall on Sat!), we grabbed her Pollys. So, when we got to church, as she was getting out of the car, I reminded her to get her Pollys. She did, but she also said, "I don't think I'll play with my Pollys very much."

I said, "Why? What are you going to do?"

She said, "I have something that I can do without touching anything."

I said, "What's that?"

She said, "I am just going to finish some thoughts."

1 comment:

  1. Love it, love it, love it!!! All the way to the tip of her nose, Claire is her own person.

    ReplyDelete