"Your faithfulness continues through all generations." Ps. 119:90

Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Perfect Vacation

From Sun to Wed, we had a wonderful, relaxing time at a cottage on a little lake in Sweet Valley, PA. Below you can see our cottage-- above notice the mailboxes on a rotating wheel.


The inside of our cottage-- very comfortable. No AC, but we didn't miss it. Had a few fans and that was plenty. No bugs (woo-hoo!). And very little noise.


Frig was definitely old-fashioned, and a little tiny, but it worked just fine for the 2 of us. No oven here, just 2 gas burners. I had never used a gas stove, so this was a bit of an adventure for me. :)




This was the walk thru the woods around the lake. Hammock, picnic table, swing, benches all at different places on the path.


Lovely gazebo with rocking chairs-- very comfortable even in the afternoon.





Swans named Fred and Mildred (after the couple that built the cottages). Lake was not something you'd want to swim in-- had snapping turtles-- but it sure was fun to watch. Fish, some very loud bullfrogs.



Rowboat, tiny dock, tiny patch of sand. Monday we spent the whole day here-- maybe the most relaxing day of my life. During those few days, I read 3 books, did 2 puzzles, watched 2 movies (Bonhoeffer and Ben Hur), and listened to 2 books on CD.







1 comment:

  1. "most relaxing day of my life" - that is AWESOME! Makes me so happy to hear that for you! I remember having one of those on one of the first vacations Eric and I went on.

    ReplyDelete