"Your faithfulness continues through all generations." Ps. 119:90

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Quiz Trip

Last weekend was Katie's quiz trip to Jenison Bible in MI.  She did an absolutely fantastic job, and the trip went well.  Unfortunately, I did not get many pics at all.  Maybe next time Chad should go instead of me, because he doesn't forget the camera.  I did get this one very cute pic, tho!  It's Logan, Caleb, Boden, and Heidi at my parents' house after the busload headed off to the hotel.  Katie and I stayed the night, and Natalie was able to hang out, too.  Mom had cooked an enormous amount of food, so everyone (48 of us)was well-fed.  The teens had a terrific time exploring the hay loft and house, playing pingpong, hanging around.
 

 Above are Katie's shoes. : )  Nice pic, huh?  Below, when we stopped at Dairy Queen in Breezewood afterward.  Katie's coach bought her a free blizzard because she quizzed out... actually, she quizzed out 3 times and was very close 2 other times!  As several of the other quizzers have said, she was a "quizzing machine". :)  190 verses from John she can quote with hardly any helps in about 35 min. 
IBC went with 6 teams this year, and they all did very well.  One novice team even got first place!  3 other teams were also right near the top.

And what did I do?  One the way out there, I read a book about the Hungarian Revolution.  Helped mom with the big meal and cleaning up.  Cheered on Katie's quizzes.  Visited a little with much of my fam.  Stayed overnight in a hotel in OH, and I chaperoned 4 great girls.  Read 1/10 of Les Miserables (1,400 pages!) on the way back.  (Maybe I'll finish by Christmas.)  I also loved spending time with Katie, getting to know that great group of people better, and listening to some fantastic guitar music. 

1 comment:

  1. Three cheers for Katie the Memorizing Machine! I'm so proud of you & your quizzing exploits, and I love hearing about these trips. A whopping 190 verses?! That's unbelievable! (Although knowing you, I don't have THAT hard of a time believing it.) Keep us posted on all of your quizzing adventures, ok?

    ReplyDelete