"Your faithfulness continues through all generations." Ps. 119:90

Friday, December 12, 2014

Quiz Trip

Last weekend, Katie and Jenna and I went with the quiz team to Hammond, Indiana.  It was a very nice trip!  It rained, but didn't snow or ice.  The only problems we had were starting the bus (even tho the battery was brand new).  Once Terry and Mark figured out how to handle that, we were good to go.  None of our teams placed higher than 3rd, but there was some very good quizzing, and the younger ones, esp, learned a lot.  I enjoyed watching, keeping score, sometimes keeping time, and once even doing a little coaching.  (hah! :)


Besides having fun getting to know the teens (great group!) and the adults that were on the trip, the best parts for me were getting read lots on the bus and not having to cook all weekend.  I really do like cooking, but it sure gets old.  Funny-- at one stop, we split up to different restaurants.  I went to Chipotle and missed the excitement at Chick-fil-A.  Jenna was there with several others... when we all got back to the bus, at least 4 of them told me about Jenna and the cow.  You know the Chick-fil-A cow mascot?  I guess the cow was going around shaking hands, etc in the restaurant.  Jenna was laughing too hard to touch the cow, I think.  Most of the other kids thought she was scared of the cow.  Reminded me of a certain time we were at a Golden Corral in Florida on Jenna's birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment