"Your faithfulness continues through all generations." Ps. 119:90

Monday, March 3, 2014

My Birthday

This the the photo of me that Chad posted on FB for my bday last week.  One of our favorite photos. 
I had a really nice bday.  Really, a lot nicer than last year's.  I guess I've finally resigned myself to the 40 range.  
That morning, they gave me a couple little presents (earrings, music notepaper).  Then we all had to get ready to run out the door. I took K to Martinsburg and then zoomed to Grace.  Takes 34 min to go from one to the other.  It was the day of Grace's music fine arts.  Because I had students performing, I didn't have to judge (yippee!) like I did for the speech fine arts the day before.  Because I was already going to be there to watch my students, I agreed to accompany some of the vocal students.  They all did a fine job!  It's really boring to sit thru all the silent judging time after each performance (I noticed things about that room that I'd never seen before!), but it's a joy to hear the kids' music!  One of the 5th grade girls I accompanied is already a terrific musician... it's SO much fun to accompany for someone (like Lea Anne! :) who sings with emotion and feeling!  Caroline sang God Help the Outcasts and it was gorgeous.
Then I got $200 worth of groceries (arguably the worst part of my day, but at least I got to do it alone-- I still marvel over how nice that is).  Went home to put all that away.
I had one piano student; Katie came home; then Chad came home with pizza from Ledos.  Yum!!  And he brought special donuts for dessert.  Ever had raised donut with chocolate frosting and brownie batter filling??  Mmmm.  A few more nice presents.  A few nice phone calls (Nate's family sings a beautiful rendition of the birthday song!). 
I really am blessed with a wonderful family and so many terrific friends!
Fri pm, we met Chad's parents in Chambersburg for supper at Cracker Barrel-- very nice way to celebrate.  Included delicious chocolate cake made by Anita. 

No comments:

Post a Comment